Re: Website Question

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

According to the US Catholic Conference of Bishops, here are all the approved bible versions. I believe I downloaded one of them years ago, chapter by chapter, book by book, but I can't find it now.

Books of the New Testament, Alba House
Contemporary English Version - New Testament, First Edition, American Bible Society
Contemporary English Version - Book of Psalms, American Bible Society
Contemporary English Version - Book of Proverbs, American Bible Society
The Grail Psalter (Inclusive Language Version), G.I.A. Publications
New American Bible, Revised Edition (NABRE)
New Revised Standard Version, Catholic Edition, National Council of Churches
The Psalms, Alba House
The Psalms (New International Version) - St. Joseph Catholic Edition, Catholic Book Publishing Company
The Psalms - St. Joseph New Catholic Version, Catholic Book Publishing Company
Revised Psalms of the New American Bible (1991)
So You May Believe, A Translation of the Four Gospels, Alba House
Good News Translation (Today's English Version, Second Edition), American Bible Society
Translation for Early Youth, A Translation of the New Testament for Children, Contemporary English

On 12/28/2020 6:34 AM, Gene wrote:
The site Ron gave has a different version of the Bible than the newest one made available and the newest one is probably the one your class is using. I don't know if or how much it matters but if you want to use what is likely the same one, with the same introductions to books and footnotes, this site will provide it:
The site Ron gave has a different version of the Bible than the newest one made available and the newest one is probably the one your class is using. I don't know if or how much it matters but if you want to use what I suspect is likely the same one, with the same introductions to books and footnotes, this site will provide it:
https://bible.usccb.org/bible

I am not a Catholic but I suspect the version on the site Ron gave is the Scolfield Bible.  I didn't find an attribution on the site but I compared and it definitely isn't the version on the USCCB site.

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: Shelly Kane
Sent: Monday, December 28, 2020 4:14 AM
To: techtalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Website Question

       Hi Group:

I was wondering if anyone knows of a good place that's accessible to
find books of the Bible?  I'm doing a class and would like to find a
website with the books of the Bible where I can go to the site and pick
which took I want to read and I would be able to find the chapters
easily.  I'm looking for a Catholic Bible.  If no one knows, I perfectly
understand.  Thanks in advance.

Shelly

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.