Re: New Lenovo IdeaPad Help Please.

chris judge

yes Gene, that's true, however I'm sure many of us have done it, I'm guessing even you at some point in their lives. I was simply stating a drawback of the laptop as one unit, no need to dole out the God complex. I'm sure we all feel stupid when it happens without getting that extra little boost.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: December 28, 2020 11:23 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] New Lenovo IdeaPad Help Please.

I consider the consideration about spilling things to be inapplicable. I'm not saying this to give any one person a hard time, but there are just certain things you don't do and one of them is eat or drink around a computer. In my opinion, that's just negligent behavior.

As far as laptop versus desktop is concerned, I don't know how much the ssmall desktops weigh so I can't comment on that. I will say that I used to use desktops and purchase them. But I want the option to use a computer portably and conveniently in different rooms. It may still be that laptops don't last as long in general as desktops, but I'll pay to replace a laptop more often because I consider it perhaps even more expensive to have a laptop that I would seldom use outside of my home and a separate desktop that I would use most of the time at home.