my computer no longer plays wave files

Joe Giovanelli

Hi, Listers,

I am using a computer running Win 7. For whatever reason, it no longer will let me play wave files. This is NOT an association problem. Media Player is the default program for playing wave files. I also tried VLC, and wave files still do not play.

I installed CCleaner Professional and wondered if something in that software cased the problem. I uninstalled it. No luck. Next, I chose a system restore point which was earlier than the date when Cclear was installed. No good.

There is where I am now. I do a lot with wave files. My CD collection is now on an external hard drive, backed up with another drive.

In case it means anything, Goldwave permits me to play wave files, but I don't think there's a way to play all the files in a folder. That is what I would have to do in order to play a CDE.

I thank you for any way to resolve my dilemma.

Joe Giovanelli, W2PVY