Re: Website Question

Shelly Kane

Ann:

Thank you so much.  I do know about them but I'm not interested in that.  I would rather do things on my phone or computer.  Thank you for the suggestion though.

Shelly

On 12/28/2020 6:09 AM, Ann Parsons wrote:
Hi all,

Oh my, you mean there is actually a person who isn't familiar with Xavier Society for the Blind?   You could get the newest Roman Catholic translation of The Bible on CD for free if you wanted it, plus the weekly readings for Sunday Mass.  they have all kinds of religious material in Braille and also in .brf and audio.

Xavier Society for the Blind
248 35th Street
Suite 1502
New York, New York 10001-2505
https://xaviersocietyfortheblind.org/
(212) 473-7800

They're a Jesuit ministry.  I get the weekly readings from them, and I have the Bible on CD.  Yes, you can access the books with ease and go to the verses you want.  They've been operating for a hundred and twenty years.  They also have a very nice braille pocket calendar which I love.  It's not too big and it has the year's calendar including holidays and feast days and saints' days.  It's very handy.   Just ask them to send you one.

Now if you just want to get the occasional Bible verse or chaptger, the best place is:

http://www.biblegateway.org

HTH,
Ann P.