Re: Jaws Help, Please!

Shelly Kane

Gene:

That's exactly the setting I'm talking about.  I want Jaws to start talking when the log on screen comes up.  Do you know where I can find this setting?  Would it be in setting center?

Shelly

On 12/31/2020 12:34 PM, Gene wrote:
I haven't used JAWS for years but there are settings determining whether JAWS speaks on the logon screen.  Those who use JAWS will very likely advise about that.  My comments are that once you know how to change the setting, if you look at it and it is already set to do so, set it not to, then set it to do so again.  Now and then, a setting will be lost and changing the setting and then returning it to what it should be restores the setting.

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: Madison Martin
Sent: Thursday, December 31, 2020 1:26 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Jaws Help, Please!

Hi Shelley,
Did you happen to change any settings when uninstalling the other 2 versions of Jaws? If so, then let me know and I'll try and help you.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Shelly Kane
Sent: December 31, 2020 3:21 PM
To: techtalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Jaws Help, Please!

Hi Group:

I deleted Jaws 2019 and 2020 because I now have Jaws 2021 and I didn't need the other ones.  Since I have taken the other versions off my computer, now when I turn on the computer to sign in using my pin, Jaws
2021 no longer says anything like it used to.  It would always tell me to sign in and now it's not.  Do you know how I can get this to talk again when I first turn on the computer? When I downloaded it a few months ago, I checked everything so it would turn on right away and it did.  I'm not sure if we hit something taking off the other programs and now it's not turning on.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Simple Instructions would be most helpful.  I'm not tech savvy.  When I type in my pin, Jaws does come up but I need it right when I turn on the computer like it was.

Shelly

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.