Re: Jaws Help, Please!

Ron Canazzi

O well, I guess it's just a quirk of Windows that happens some times.  I know in the past way back the merge feature (now of days that is what migrate settings must mean,) it always worked to preserve all your old installation settings including start up settings.

On 1/1/2021 5:08 AM, Shelly Kane wrote:
Ron:

Whenever I update Jaws, it always asks me to migrate my settings and I say yes.  When I deleted the other versions, it didn't say anything about my settings.  Since I have had Jaws 2021 for a few months and my settings were fine, I thought all would be good. Ann said that when you take the old versions off, it automatically deletes some settings.  It's very strange because that's the only setting that wasn't right.

Shelly

On 12/31/2020 11:49 PM, Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hi Group,

i haven't used JAWS for years as my default screen reader, but before you delete JAWS earlier versions, you should always use the merge settings feature or whatever the current version of that is now of days.  This will transfer all of your favorite settings from the older version to the latest version.

I think that utility still exists doesn't it?

On 12/31/2020 4:25 PM, Ann Parsons wrote:
Hi all,

I think sometimes people tend to forget that you can't damage anything in Windows dialogs unless you press an OK button, so therefore, tabbing through a dialog does not harm anything at all.

Ann P.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"