Re: Jaws Help, Please!

Brian Zolo

Hey there, shelly, Brian Zolo here in Gahanna, Ohio, happy New Year! Whenever you delete older versions of jaws, your settings are deleted so whenever you install a new version of jaws, it's important that you go into the basic options and make sure that you checkbox that says start jaws at the logon screen. The next setting is start jaws for all users and I leave that setting unchecked and then your next setting is start jaws for this user always that's a combo box and I leave mine for this user and the go to okay and hit your space bar and then just tab on over to lkay again and hit your space bar and you're finished. I sure wish that vispero would add something to the installation that asks you whether you want to keep your settings so that you don't have to keep doing this as it sure would make things much simpler for folks, grin! BZ!

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Shelly Kane
Sent: Friday, January 01, 2021 4:57 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Jaws Help, Please!

Madison:

I did what you said and it was unchecked. I have no idea how that setting got unchecked when I deleted the older versions of Jaws. If I have any other problems, I will be sure to post. So glad that there are Jaws users here. Thanks again and Happy New Year everyone!

Shelly

On 12/31/2020 1:18 PM, Madison Martin wrote:
Hi Shelley,
Okay.
1. Go to the Jaws context menu either by clicking on the Jaws shortcut
that's on your desktop (if you have one on your desktop) or by pressing insert j 2. Once you get to the context menu Options will be the first thing that comes up.
3. Enter on options and tab 3 times to Autimatically start Jaws...
button Once you enter on that button a dialog box will come up and the first option is "Start Jaws at the log-on screen" and Jaws will tell you whether it's checked or unchecked. If it's unchecked then check it and tab to the okay button. You'll be asked to restart Jaws, once you do this then everything should be back to normal.
Hope these instructions are clear and simple enough... If not then sorry, hopefully someone else can give you simpler ones.