Re: Jaws Help, Please!

Shelly Kane

Hi Brian:

Thank you for letting me know that the settings automatically delete when you take off old versions of Jaws.  I will definitely remember that next time.  This is the first time it has happened. I honestly thought things would be fine since I migrated the settings months ago when I put Jaws 2021 on.  Happy New Year!

Shelly

On 1/1/2021 10:49 AM, Brian Zolo wrote:
Hey there, shelly, Brian Zolo here in Gahanna, Ohio, happy New Year! Whenever you delete older versions of jaws, your settings are deleted so whenever you install a new version of jaws, it's important that you go into the basic options and make sure that you checkbox that says start jaws at the logon screen. The next setting is start jaws for all users and I leave that setting unchecked and then your next setting is start jaws for this user always that's a combo box and I leave mine for this user and the go to okay and hit your space bar and then just tab on over to lkay again and hit your space bar and you're finished. I sure wish that vispero would add something to the installation that asks you whether you want to keep your settings so that you don't have to keep doing this as it sure would make things much simpler for folks, grin! BZ!

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Shelly Kane
Sent: Friday, January 01, 2021 4:57 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Jaws Help, Please!

Madison:

I did what you said and it was unchecked. I have no idea how that setting got unchecked when I deleted the older versions of Jaws. If I have any other problems, I will be sure to post. So glad that there are Jaws users here. Thanks again and Happy New Year everyone!

Shelly

On 12/31/2020 1:18 PM, Madison Martin wrote:
Hi Shelley,
Okay.
1. Go to the Jaws context menu either by clicking on the Jaws shortcut
that's on your desktop (if you have one on your desktop) or by pressing insert j 2. Once you get to the context menu Options will be the first thing that comes up.
3. Enter on options and tab 3 times to Autimatically start Jaws...
button Once you enter on that button a dialog box will come up and the first option is "Start Jaws at the log-on screen" and Jaws will tell you whether it's checked or unchecked. If it's unchecked then check it and tab to the okay button. You'll be asked to restart Jaws, once you do this then everything should be back to normal.
Hope these instructions are clear and simple enough... If not then sorry, hopefully someone else can give you simpler ones.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of
Shelly Kane
Sent: December 31, 2020 4:00 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Jaws Help, Please!

Madison:

I don't think we changed anything. Maybe we hit something accidentally when we deleted them. When I downloaded 2021, I checked the box to have Jaws start up when I turn on the computer. If you can tell me where to check that, I would appreciate it. Maybe it got unchecked somehow.

Shelly

On 12/31/2020 12:26 PM, Madison Martin wrote:
Hi Shelley,
Did you happen to change any settings when uninstalling the other 2 versions of Jaws? If so, then let me know and I'll try and help you.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of
Shelly Kane
Sent: December 31, 2020 3:21 PM
To: techtalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Jaws Help, Please!

Hi Group:

I deleted Jaws 2019 and 2020 because I now have Jaws 2021 and I
didn't need the other ones. Since I have taken the other versions
off my computer, now when I turn on the computer to sign in using my
pin, Jaws
2021 no longer says anything like it used to. It would always tell me to sign in and now it's not. Do you know how I can get this to talk again when I first turn on the computer? When I downloaded it a few months ago, I checked everything so it would turn on right away and it did. I'm not sure if we hit something taking off the other programs and now it's not turning on. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Simple Instructions would be most helpful. I'm not tech savvy. When I type in my pin, Jaws does come up but I need it right when I turn on the computer like it was.

Shelly

--
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.