Re: my computer no longer plays wave files

Joe Giovanelli

Hi, Blaster,

I now can say that you are on the track. Here's what happens:

First, I cannot get to my wavefile folder with Explorer. It does not show me everiy folder. It just shows Documents and Libraries, and control panel.

I therefore bypassed that step and went to the folder by running it.

I selected a wavefile.

I pressed the context menu key and found Open with.

I wasn't given a choice. It showed Media Classic, O.

I pressed O, and the highlighted selection began playing.

This is the only selection which played.

I guess this is because I could not follow your outline. I suspect that you are getting this outline from Win 10 a nd not 7, but I don't really k now that.

I was able to download a Win 7 codecs pack, but other things came along, including Winzip Updater.

I can't uninstall it and other unasked for programs. There's Web Advisor, and it won't uninstall and it won't let me install anything else until Web Adviser is uninstalled, and looks like it won't ever want to disappear.

It reminds me of Congress where we get what we want along with other things we would never care to have.

There you have it. I hope you or some others can figure out what I can do to solve the wavefile problems and get rid of uninvited guests.

Joe G.

From: Blaster <blaster.nil8@gmail.com>
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Date: Wednesday, December 30, 2020 8:14 pm

You may want to reinstall your codecs just in case the one Media
player and VLC has become corrupted. You can get the K-lite codec
pack from this website:

https://ninite.com/accessible

HTH,
Blaster

I don't know what is causing the problem. Try selecting a file in the
list,

and instead of just pressing enter on it, try opening the context menu
and
press enter on open and play. While I doubt this will cause the file
play, you never know.

But as to how to solve the underlying problem, I don't know.