Sent: Saturday, January 02, 2021 8:27 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] my computer no longer plays wave files

Hi, Blaster,

I now can say that you are on the track. Here's what happens:

First, I cannot get to my wavefile folder with Explorer. It does not show me everiy folder. It just shows Documents and Libraries, and control panel.

I therefore bypassed that step and went to the folder by running it.

I selected a wavefile.

I pressed the context menu key and found Open with.

I wasn't given a choice. It showed Media Classic, O.

I pressed O, and the highlighted selection began playing.

This is the only selection which played.

I guess this is because I could not follow your outline. I suspect that you are getting this outline from Win 10 a nd not 7, but I don't really k now that.

I was able to download a Win 7 codecs pack, but other things came along, including Winzip Updater.

I can't uninstall it and other unasked for programs. There's Web Advisor, and it won't uninstall and it won't let me install anything else until Web Adviser is uninstalled, and looks like it won't ever want to disappear.

It reminds me of Congress where we get what we want along with other things we would never care to have.

There you have it. I hope you or some others can figure out what I can do to solve the wavefile problems and get rid of uninvited guests.

Joe G.