From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joyce Feinberg
Sent: Saturday, January 2, 2021 7:25 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Setting up A New Laptop Question Please.

Hi Janet, a few things as I have just set up a new laptop.
First, you will need sided assistance to get through the first few steps because narrator does not turn on until you are connected to the Internet. See if Best Buy will get you through to at least the desktop without an Internet connection.
Second, after you have gotten to the desktop and loaded your screen reader you will probably need to perform an update to the Windows operating system. Although the latest windows update has been out for a few months, I still needed to update to the 2008, H2 version.
I hope this information helps.
On Jan 2, 2021, at 7:41 PM, Janet <janet.harvard@outlook.com> wrote:

´╗┐Gene,
I already asked Best buy if I or them could install my Network information for me, and they said I need to be home by my Wi-Fi in order to do this. I just might try to turn on Narrator when I am at Best Buy to see if it will work or not, because if it doesn't work, I don't know what is my next step! LOL!

Janet