From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Carolyn
Arnold
Sent: January 3, 2021 5:31 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Setting up A New Laptop Question Please.

You may need to install some updates.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Sent: Saturday, January 2, 2021 6:44 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

As far as I know, you won't have to set up security if all you want to do is
use the program Mivcrosoft provides with Windows. As I recall, its system
Defender.

You may want to use something in addition such as Malware Bytes but System
Defender is a highly rated program and you will be unlikely to need
something else unless you want to use something like Malwaare Bytes.

You will have to go through some sort of procedure as has been discussed
here when you first use the computer. Aside from what you are discussing,
the only thing I can think of is to set up your computer to work with your
WIFI, unless at home, you are going to connect your computer to your router
by cable. I don't know enough about how you set up your computer to work
with your WIFI to discuss it. When I had my modem set up here, the
serviceman set up my laptop to work with it. I think AT&T does that for
customers when a router is connected by them.