Re: Laptops vs Computer laptops Question Please.

Pamela Dominguez

Maybe they are different, now, but about ten years ago, I had the geek squad work on my computer in front of me a bunch of times, and didn’t even charge me.  Only one time did one of the people tell me my computer was finished and I needed a new one.  I brought that same computer over to my brother-in-law, and he got it going without any trouble.  Pam.

Sent: Monday, January 04, 2021 4:15 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Laptops vs Computer laptops Question Please.

I hate working with best buy and their service is much to be desired; I have a friend who is already having issues with them. I know how important it is to see something before one buys it. But, if you can decide on which brand your comfortable with, dell, hp, IBM, lenobo etc. I would try to deal directly with the  company. They all usually are shipping for free these days. Geek squad is not all it is cracked up to be. Most time you have to send back to best buy so they can than ship your item out to a third party if it needs any work. Cheers Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Monday, January 4, 2021 2:57 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Hi Nimer,

Ok I got it.  thank you for this.  Ok, I will be going to Best Buy tomorrow supposed to pick up my Asus Vivobook Laptop, but as I read more about it on line, and the emails I’ve received from Best Buy, are saying this Asus vivobook is no longer sold as new, so when I went to Best Buy a few days ago to buy something else, I asked the salesmen if the Laptop I bought was new, and he said as far as he knows it is, but as I am now searching on line, I still see this Laptop is no longer sold as new.  The emails I am getting from Best Buy is from Best Buy Outlet. And they are thanking me for shopping at the Outlet, but the Best Buy I go to is not an Outlet though.  I also search online to see what they charged me, but I can’t find that either, and when I was at Best Buy a few days ago, they couldn’t find any balance on my account either, and this makes me feel a little uncomfortable, So having said all this, I don’t know what I just might end up with!  Smile!

What a mess!  LOL!  

Janet

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Nimer Jaber
Sent: Monday, January 04, 2021 2:39 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io

Hello Janet,

All of these are brands. Similar to brands of shampoo. They are all shampoo, but the manufacturer is different, the purpose for which it is made is different, the bottle is shaped differently, etc. Same goes with these laptops. Vivobooks are made by Asus. Thinkpads are made by Lenovo, Inspiron and XPS are made by Dell, and so on. You not only need to look at the type of computer, but also the model, as each few months to a year, manufacturers may release different models within the same class of laptop. Also, the specs between each model will be different. For instance, Thinkpad has many different laptops within that name, some have numpads, some do not, etc. Some are made for business use, some for personal use, some have large touch screens, some do not, some have fingerprint readers, some do not, some have large batteries, some are made for the purpose of being workstation desktop replacements, and so on. Computer laptop is a generic... it's just a laptop. This is akin to calling any tissue a kleenex.

I hope this helps.

On Mon, Jan 4, 2021 at 12:30 PM Janet <janet.harvard@...> wrote:

Hi everyone,
Can someone please explain to me the difference between a Laptop ThinkPad or an IdeaPad or a Vivobook Laptop, as opposed to a computer Laptop? I am doing some searching on line about the Laptop Vivobook I recently bought, as it is showing this is not a new Laptop, and I didn't know that as the salesmen at Best Buy didn't tell me that.  So I am seeing sales for computer Laptops and ThinkPad Laptops, IdeaPad Laptops, Vivobook Laptops, but then I see different prices for computer Laptops. 

Thank you all for any help in this. 

Janet   
Janet oppsode

Peace Be With You.

--

Best,

Nimer Jaber

The message above is intended for the recipient to whom it was
addressed. If you believe that you are not the intended recipient,
please notify me via reply email and destroy all copies of this
correspondence. Action taken as a result of this email or its contents
by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) may result in civil or
criminal charges. I have checked this email and all corresponding
attachments for security threats.

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

To find out about a free, open-source, and versatile screen reader for Windows, visit nvaccess.org

You can follow @nimerjaber on Twitter for the latest technology news.

To contact me, you can reply to this email or you may call me at (970) (393-4481) and I will do my best to respond to you promptly.

Thank you, and have a great day!

AVG logo

This email has been checked for viruses by AVG antivirus software.
www.avg.com

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.