Re: Laptops vs Computer laptops Question Please.

Pamela Dominguez

The last computer I got, which is this Lenovo laptop, I took somebody with me.  He’s the guy who has lately been working on my computers.  He definitely doesn’t know everything, but he’s the guy I can get to help me, and he has worked on a lot of computers.  We picked it out over some other ones.  I complained that I didn’t have a context key, but he said that it at least had the number pad, which was the other thing I wanted.  I had looked in Best Buy with him, but we went somewhere else.  I had wanted one with windows seven in it.  That was back in 2015, when I got it.  Pam.

From: Janet
Sent: Monday, January 04, 2021 10:04 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Laptops vs Computer laptops Question Please.

Hi Juan,

Thank you so much for this, as I will keep this in mind tomorrow when I go back to Best Buy.  I will cancel my appointment for the set up with the Asus, and look at another Laptop.  Oh sure Best Buy is getting pretty well known for doing this, as I have been reading quite a bit about Best Buy and their products.  The first salesmen who helped me to pick out my Asus VivoBook Laptop  some days ago, that man didn’t know anything.  All he would do is just smile at everything I would say to him, and that drove me nuts, he just didn’t sound interested in the Laptops I wanted to look at, so I couldn’t wait to get away from him.  Well, another salesmen apparently seen I wasn’t happy with that first one, and he came over and asked me if I would rather if he would help me, and I said oh sure please do, so he did.   So, how the Lenovo IdeaPad came in to view, I seen that one on line, and I wanted to see if I could get Best Buy to do a price match for me, well, that chat feature I just couldn’t work with, so I called a sighted friend and asked her if she would do the price match, and she did, and she got Best Buy to do a price match for $100.00 with Amazon, ok, I was fine with that, but when I got it through the mail, and I tried to set it up, I couldn’t get Narrator to stay on long enough for me to set up the Laptop, and that is when I discovered the keys aren’t going to be any help to me either.  The keys on that Lenovo IdeaPad Laptop, was just too large for my fingers.  When I would place one of my fingers on a key, my two fingers would lay on the same key, so in short, I would have to type with two fingers on one key as opposed to one finger on one key at a time.  Those keys were to large, some of them were tall, some of them, were short, and I couldn’t even reach my little finger to press the enter key without removing my whole hand off of the home roll, and then I would have to feel with my hands again to find my way back to the home roll, this is not a good thing to do.  Although, I could press the Windows, Control, enter keys to try and turn on Narrator.  Also, when I would press a key, the key would go down in to the board,so I just couldn’t work with that at all.  I seen the Asus VivoBook Laptop, and I liked the feel of the keys, I could handel that, but now I am going to cancel that one.  So, hopefully I don’t get the same salesmen to help me as the first one who drove me nuts!  I believe that first one who tried to help me, had to have some kind of psychological issues going on!  LOL!  As far as Gaming, well, there’s no chance of me doing that, so I will just leave that one alone, I’m in enough trouble with these Laptops and salesmen, as well as the so called Best Buy Geeks!  Best Buy must think I don’t have anything to do but to just keep coming back.  I will keep in mind all the information you and others have given me. I haven’t ever used Narrator either, so this can turn out to be a bit of a challenge!  Smile!  Once I finally get a Laptop, I will install JAWS as that is my primary screen reader.  I hope all this makes sense!  I’m even starting to confuse myself now!

Thank you again.

Janet