computer speakers that don't need an earphone jack to work?

Troy Burnham

Hi all,

The earphone jack on my laptop doesn't work and I need a new set of speakers. Are there any speakers available that don't require the earphone jack? If not I have an adapter that allows me to use one of my USB ports as an earphone jack, would that work to bypass the nonworking earphone jack in all cases? I have my current set of speakers plugged that way and they work except for a short that's developing but I don't want to buy something that I can't use and have to send it back because I can't use my adapter.

Thanks.

Troy