Re: computer speakers that don't need an earphone jack to work?

Troy Burnham

Unless I just haven't looked far enough yet, everything I've found on amazon require the earphone jack even though they are USB speakers.

Troy

On 1/10/2021 3:05 PM, Nimer Jaber wrote:
Yes, and there are strictly USB speakers, so that is what you look for.

On Sun, Jan 10, 2021 at 1:03 PM Troy Burnham <troyburnham34@...> wrote:
Hi all,

The earphone jack on my laptop doesn't work and I need a new set of
speakers. Are there any speakers available that don't require the
earphone jack? If not I have an adapter that allows me to use one of my
USB ports as an earphone jack, would that work to bypass the nonworking
earphone jack in all cases? I have my current set of speakers plugged
that way and they work except for a short that's developing but I don't
want to buy something that I can't use and have to send it back because
I can't use my adapter.

Thanks.

Troy

--