Re: computer speakers that don't need an earphone jack to work?

Troy Burnham

I want to buy speakers from amazon because I received amazon gift cards for Christmas.

Troy

On 1/10/2021 7:29 PM, Carolyn Arnold wrote:
I got some for $25 at OfficeMax. I can't remember what kind they ewre, but Bose has them; they probably would cost more than these did.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Troy Burnham
Sent: Sunday, January 10, 2021 4:03 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] computer speakers that don't need an earphone jack to work?

Hi all,

The earphone jack on my laptop doesn't work and I need a new set of speakers. Are there any speakers available that don't require the earphone jack? If not I have an adapter that allows me to use one of my USB ports as an earphone jack, would that work to bypass the nonworking earphone jack in all cases? I have my current set of speakers plugged that way and they work except for a short that's developing but I don't want to buy something that I can't use and have to send it back because I can't use my adapter.

Thanks.

Troy