Re: Jaws Updates

Janet

Madison,
Yes that's right, Can't even get in to the options, or not even close to it. I just can't figure this one out. I am currently using JAWS 2020 on Windows 7. I will have to put JAWS 2020 on my Windows 10 now, although, I do still have JAWS 2021 on Windows 10, for what ever it is worth! LOL!

Janet
Janet

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Madison Martin
Sent: Wednesday, January 13, 2021 7:53 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Jaws Updates

Hi Janet,
So you can't even get into the options menu?

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Janet
Sent: January 13, 2021 7:44 PM

Hi Madison,
Ok, I just downloaded the latest JAWS 2021, and the download went fine, and I got the message saying JAWS download has completed. Now, I can't seem to find any way to set JAWS up though, as far as having JAWS to start at start up, as far as importing JAWS settings from last version of JAWS 2020. I had to go through the search feature, and through all programs, and I did find JAWS 2021, but that is all. There wasn't any way I could make any changes. I went through the Control Panel, as well, and I can see JAWS 2021, but I can't make any changes there either. I will definitely call FS tomorrow, as now they are closed. Thank you for all your help, as it is greatly appreciated.

Janet

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Madison Martin
Sent: Wednesday, January 13, 2021 4:41 PM

Janet,
If it's of any conciliation, I just downloaded the latest upgrade and didn't get such a message.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Janet
Sent: January 13, 2021 4:24 PM

Hi Shelly,
If you do download the latest version of JAWS from their web site, as I did last night, would you please let me know during or after the download, if you got a message saying this version of JAWS needs to be repaired, as I had to repair JAWS 2021? Assuming you might be downloading JAWS 2021.
I would greatly appreciate your help in this, as I am having some serious issues with JAWS 2021.
Thank you.

Janet

Sent: Wednesday, January 13, 2021 1:40 PM

Hi Shelly,

Go to the Freedom Scientific website, then downloads, and then you should be able to download the latest update. Hope this helps, Madison

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Shelly Kane
Sent: January 13, 2021 3:37 PM
To: techtalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Jaws Updates

Hi Group:

My computer kept telling me that there was Jaws updates but didn't have time so I said no a few times and now it's not asking me anymore. I went to Jaws and went to help and then about like I do in Thunderbird and I can see the updates there but in Jaws, there is no updates. Does anyone know where I can find my update and do it? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Shelly

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.