Re: Kindle for pc does not open a book

Gene

If you are saying that Kindle behaved as you described, you restored the machine, and that didn't solve the probem that's different than the wording of your first message. Your first message made it sound as though you restored the machine and then Kindle started not working correctly. That is an important difference. I don't have an opinion on whether you should or shouldn't have tried a system restore. But the [possible solutions available are different to correct the Kindle problem. Originally, I had thought that undoing the restore might have solved the problem. Now that I know that the problem started before you restored the machine, I know that undoing the restore won't help. The only solution I can suggest is to try reinstalling Kindle but others will have to discuss where to get the proper version.

From: Fanus
Sent: Saturday, January 16, 2021 4:52 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Kindle for pc does not open a book

Hello Gene
Maybe out of stupidity but I restored the machine because all of a sudden
Kindle behaved as I described. My problem is now that I do not have the
Kindle with accessibility version because I installed a SSD drive a few
months ago and I did not keep a backup. I seem not to be able to find that
Kindle version, so is the usual Kindle program OK for us?
Regards
Fanus