Re: my computer will not update, causing all kinds of problems.

Gerald Levy

Jim, can you provide us with more information about your **** computer?  I am not familiar with the Abacus brand.  Is your computer a laptop or desktop?  How much RAM and what kind of processor does it have?  When and where did you buy it, and which version of Windows 10 was originally installed on it when you bought it? Have you been able to install any cumulative or feature updates on it since then? And is Windows Security being updated with the latest database definitions?  Maybe someone on this list can guide you in the right direction if you give us more information.

Gerald

On 1/16/2021 2:29 PM, Jim Rawls wrote:

Hi all,For several months, I have tried to get my computer to update from windows 1909 to the current version. Microsoft has tried several times to update it, but they can’t do it. They put a repair tool in an it did no good. They tried installing the current version but that failed as well. So, I have a computer that will not install any updates, security or otherwise. Jaws will not update as well. I am authorized to version 2020, but I can only go to 2018. I am out of warrantee on this abacus computer. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can fixthuis**** computer? Smile. Jim.