Re: Error on boot

Jaffar Sidek

Hi.  Did you just, or at any stage uninstall Jfw?  Also, it is wise to download the c++ redistributables as they are needed by some of your systen's components and programs to propperly work. As for JFW, it seems to me that remnants of the not propperly uninstalled JFW program are not propperly cleaned up, thus those errors.  A system repair would help in this case, i think as the MSVCP140.dll is a must have component needed in windows and not having a clean working version of that particular file will cause serious problems for your system.  Cheers!

On 16/1/2021 9:18 pm, Howard Traxler wrote:
After updating my Windows 10 to version 2004, build 19041.685,
Each time the system boots, there are (apparently) error messages on the screen.  I find the messages only after NVDA has started speaking and I then must acknowledge them by pressing OK.  The errors don't seem to bother anything but are just a bit annoying.

Messages on the screen are:

fsATProxy.exe bad image

c:\windows\wsystem32\msvcp140.dll IS EITHER NOT DESIGNED TO RUN ON WINDOWS or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.
Error Status 0xc0000020

Google tells me that the first one is related to FS and JAWS; and the second is related to Visual C++.  I'm not using JAWS nor Visual C++.  Do you think I can remove one or the other or both without causing problems?

Thanks.
Howard