Re: I am trying NVDA for the first time. Is it hard to learn? and are there tutorials I can get? I am running windows ten. Jim

Jim Rawls

Thanks Gene.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Gene
Sent: Saturday, January 16, 2021 1:30 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] I am trying NVDA for the first time. Is it hard to
learn? and are there tutorials I can get? I am running windows ten. Jim

I don't know how you use your computer. A lot of what you do will be the
same because a lot of what you do is using program and Windows commands.
Some commands, such as read title bar, are the same. Web page navigation
commands are just about identical.

There is a page for those beginning to use NVDA who now use JAWS.
https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda-community/wiki/SwitchingFromJawsToNVDA
There is training material available from NVDA that you can pay for. There
is other material done by users. I don't follow that subject enough to
discuss it much. I suspect, though I don't know this, that some training
material is discussed on the transition page I'm sending the link for.
Whatever the case, if you do a Google search for NVDA training material, you

will find resources.

learn? and are there tutorials I can get? I am running windows ten. Jim