Re: Google device or Alexa device?

heather albright

Yes, it changed when they did away with google play music and now it is all YouTube music and it lets you listen to samples till you obtain a paid YouTube account, 17 last time I was signed up for it. It may have gone up now. I know I have 3 google speakers in my home and 4 alexa speakers. You can play it with say google on your iPhone threw the YouTube app but you will get all the adds. Also, you can use YouTube off the web with adds too. But not with the speakers. I think if you have a chrome cast, you might be able to play YouTube shows. I cant berify this as I do not have a chrome cast. However, if you have a firestick tv, you can get it to play YouTube in their YouTube app off the firestick tv; with adds unless you have a paid subscription.I figured after they got rid of google play music, they were going to make you pay; so greedy. Cheers Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Gene
Sent: Sunday, January 17, 2021 9:29 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Google device or Alexa device?

I can listen to Youtube free using the Google assistant on my phone.  It is

illogical that Google would allow those using web browsers to listen to

Youtube for free but not users of their own smart speaker.  I don't know

what the situation is in countries other than The United States but I'm very

skeptical that Google Voice Assistant users can't listen to Youtube for

free, that is the unrestricted content, which is a great deal.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Kerryn

Gunness via groups.io

Sent: January 17, 2021 1:12 PM

To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

while the info below is true for persons in the US and canada, in the

caribbean for example trinidad, where i live, playing music from you tube is

not free, you have to pay for a subscription for you tube to use with a

google home