Re: Google device or Alexa device?

Kerryn Gunness <k_gunness@...>

agreed jene

----- Original Message -----
From: Gene
Sent: Monday, January 18, 2021 3:58 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Google device or Alexa device?

I had thought the Google assistant on phones was equivalent to playing Youtube content to the Google smart speakers.  I just found some information on playing Youtube with Google smart speakers and it evidently is very different.  You can tell a Google smart speaker to play a genre, like a radio feature, but you can't tell it to play a specific song.  Why the Google assistant allows that to be done on phones that support the Google digital assistant and why Google smart speakers don't allow playing the same content that is available for free on phones and browsers seems illogical to me.

Gene

On 1/18/2021 1:42 PM, Andy wrote:

i have and use both.  The Amazon Echo is better as far as streaming content is concerned, but the Google Home is better for accessing information because it uses the Google search engine.  I have experienced several instances where the Google device gave me the info I wanted, such as a dictionary definition, and the Echo said something like "Sorry, i don't know that one".

Andy