Re: issue with NVDA, JAWS, on the youtube search button. help

George McCoy

Mario,

Part of the trouble you're having is probably caused by NVDA not coming into and going out of focus mode properly on youtube. Here's how I conduct youtube searches. It works well for me.

Goto youtube.com and press the letter e to goto the search edit box.

Press the NVDA key + spacebar to force NvDA into focus mode.

Type your search term and press enter. It sounds like nothing happened, but the search is, in fact, complete.

Press NvDA + spacebar again to leave focus mode.

Press the letter h until you get to the search results heading.

You can then use the up and down arrows to scroll through the results.

Hth,

George