Re: inspired by red it stocks

Carolyn Arnold

I Google Search for stock every day. It works on my computer - Windows 10, JAWS, and Google Chrome.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Friday, January 29, 2021 8:44 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] inspired by red it stocks

Freedom Scientiffic no longer owns JAWS. The name of the company has changed. Its something like vispero. (spelling)

I haven't done this for a long time, but You evidently can't, in any systematic way, find stock prices by doing Google searches. There are sites where you can get the value of stocks. I'll let those who know far more about the subject go into that further. I have no idea if voice assistants will get you such information.

I haven't read about the story, but I know it is around. I intend to learn more about it. How do you intend to invest? It won't make any difference if you buy stock in a company, assuming the stock is fully purchased. You are buyng stock from another holder and no money is raised in that way by the company. The stocck continues to trade because when companies want to issue new stock to raise more money, the new stock has a value, whatever the value of the old stock is at the time of issue. If there are other wways of investing in such companies, I am not aware of them.

I can't tell you what methods may raise more money for any specific company.
I can tell you that if you want to help a company that depends a good deal on contributions, you can contribute to NVDA. It isn't investing, it’s a contribution.

As far as searching with Google, the site, type your search in the edit field and press enter. Then, after a short pause, start moving through the page using h for heading. All results are displayed by heading.

Sighted people search constantly and they often use an actual site interface. If blind people don't know how to search, they are putting themselves at a significant information disadvantage. I'm not saying that as criticism of you, I'm saying it because it may encourage more people to try searching.

Despite what you may have heard about complexities of searching, just type what you want to know. You can use full sentences or phrases. Most snowfall in Chicago for example, or what is the most snowfall in Chicago history, I doubt there is any difference or any significant difference in the results. I Want To Hold Your Hand lyrics is an example of finding lyrics for words to a song. Name of book followed by the word review or reviews to find reviews of a book, the same for a restaurant, etc.