Re: question why is something that is a non proffit still making money?

Carolyn Arnold

I have some friends, and their church had something like $300,000, so for tax preservation, they had to invest. I would have given it to missions, but they got new carpeting for all of the church, which, I guess was OK, because probably eventually they'd have to do that.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Alex Kenny via groups.io
Sent: Friday, January 29, 2021 9:57 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] question why is something that is a non proffit still making money?

Non-profits can and do make money to pursue their goals and pay employees. However, any additional profit must be re-invested into the organization. To ensure that re-investment is taking place, there are generally additional accountability and transparency requirements, the specifics of which will depend on the countries where they're registered.