trouble with an hp wireless printer

Troy Burnham

Hi all,

I've had an hp wireless printer for a while, model 3830, and I rarely have to use it but I tried to use it this afternoon and the message showing on the printer was always that it was offline. We tried turning the printer off and on several times, and I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver with no help.

At one point my mom said that it did show there was no ink, actually the ink is likely just dried up because as I said I don't use the printer much but we left the ink cartridge in it the last time we used it, probably close to a year ago. Would the ink problem be why it's reporting to be offline and if not what else should I check? I have used the printer successfully in the past from this computer.

Thanks in advance for any comments.

Troy