Re: Facebook question

Shelly Kane

Keith:

Sorry if I'm coming in to late but just wanted to let you know that if you delete an account with Facebook, it never really gets totally deleted.  If you have anyone around you who is sighted, you should have them help you change your address.  My niece did it for me.  I think these apps need to be more accessible.  Hope this helps.

Shelly

On 2/2/2021 8:58 AM, Keith S wrote:
so are you thinking I should just delete my current account and make a new one with my new email?

Keith
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, January 31, 2021 7:19 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Facebook question

Hi Keith,

I just wonder if completely unsubscribing with the old email, and resubscribing with the new email address, if that might make a difference.  I don’t use FaceBook though. 

Janet

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Keith S
Sent: Sunday, January 31, 2021 12:30 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

I've had a similar problem with removing my facebook's log in email.  I have added a new email address that is the one I use for regular email to my account, but I cannot get facebook to switch the new email as my log in email.  I've chekced the help section on facebook but the steps do not seem to work, at least for a blind person.  Something about "when the menu opens select master email check box" .  Apparrently it's a virtual menu that jaws users cannot access.

Keith

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Saturday, January 30, 2021 9:08 PM

Hi Madison,
Well, I see no one has answered you yet.  I'm not familiar with Facebook either, but have you tried to unsubscribe using your old email, and resubscribing with your new email? Just a thought.

Janet  

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Madison Martin
Sent: Friday, January 29, 2021 11:43 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Facebook question

Hi all,
I was able to add this email address to my profile on Facebook, but
notifications are still going to my old email. How do I change it so that they
get sent to this address? I saw that there's a link to remove this address from
my profile, but there didn't seem to be one to remove my old email address. I'm
using mbasic.facebook.com, the latest Edge, the latest Jaws 2021, and Windows 10
version 2004. Thanks Madison

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.