Re: Need some help setting up NVDA

Marie <magpie.mn@...>

Gene,
You are a life saver. I have check every key and no insert but I should have thought of the system tray. Thanks so much.
Marie

Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 7:50 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Need some help setting up NVDA

Have you had someone check to make sure there is no insert key?  On laptop keyboards, the insert key may be in a very different place than on a standard keyboard and the shape and size of the key may be very different from that on a standard keyboard. 

To get to the NVDA menus without using the insert, you can find NVDA in the system tray and right click using the context menu key.  Do you know how to work with the actual system tray?  I'm describing how to open the menu using the real system tray.

Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 9:25 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Need some help setting up NVDA

I have a new Asus laptop which I have updated to Windows 10, (which I am getting along with quite easily.) I just installed the latest version of NVDA and here is my problem. There is no insert key on the laptop and I do not know if there is a function key combination which will invoke that keystroke. So is there any way to get into the Settings so I can designate the Caps Lock as the NVDA key? It is kind of a catch 22 situation at the moment.Can anyone suggest a solution? I can’t get into the settings with no insert key and no way to set up the caps lock!!
Marie

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.