Re: can a blind person set up a computer without sighted help?? and with the problems I am having, would it help?

Gene

That may account for the slowness. You can use the feature in Windows 10 that restores your Windows to a new condition to give you a clean copy, which is not the upgraded one. But if you want to try it, it would be a good idea to ask about it here. I don't know what issues you may have to deal with. I know one or two; you will have to install all your programs again and there may be drivers you need.

From: Keith S
Sent: Thursday, February 04, 2021 9:21 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] can a blind person set up a computer without sighted help?? and with the problems I am having, would it help?

My use of the word "upgrade" I mean that the computer originally came with windows 8. Microsoft offered a free update to Windows 10 when they stopped supporting xp to help push people to use windows 10. My cousin went to the windows update site and clicked "update to windows 10", and started the download and the installed it onto the computer. I am pretty sure that the update simply replaced the non-fuctioning or outdated windows 8 files and updated the computer to windows 10. He did not format the hard drive and then use an installation dvd or cd to install windows 10.

Hope that clarifies my explaination.

Keith

From: Janet

From: Janet