Re: Interesting Discovery With Pontes Media downloder

Ron Canazzi

I have version 3.2

On 2/6/2021 12:12 PM, Vicki W wrote:
What version do you have? I don't have any option to clear downloads.

Vicki

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ron Canazzi" <aa2vm@roadrunner.com>
Sent: Friday, February 05, 2021 11:55 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Interesting Discovery With Pontes Media downloder

Hi Group,

Earlier today, I tried using Pontes Media Downloader and right in the middle of my attempts, I lost Internet connectivity. This was in the middle of a Pontes download from Youtube. I had to reboot my modem and router and then everything seemed to work OK except for Pontes. At this same time, the JAVA applet decided to update. In the past, when JAVA has updated, it has broken Pontes and I had to either uninstall and reinstall Pontes or manually install the youtube-dl.exe file from youtube-dl.org.

In any case, I went through all this business and Pontes still didn't work. I then began playing around with the menus in Pontes, something I almost never do. I saw an item under the downloads menu that said: 'clear all list items.' I clicked this item and then tried using Pontes again. What do you know? It worked! i tried several songs after this from Youtube and they all downloaded just fine.

So maybe when your version of Pontes Media Downloader doesn't work any more, try accessing the download menu and the 'clear all list items' before you do anything radical.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"