Re: Help with C-Cleaner

Veronica Kirk

I want to thank all of you who responded to my problem.  I definitely am going to have to purchase an external hard drive. 

Mike, I finally got disk cleanup to say that I have zero bytes to free up, but I only had five files listed.  Some of those you had were not included in my list.  Could you please send me the command for more options? 

Veronica

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: Saturday, February 06, 2021 10:20 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Help with C-Cleaner

When you run the disk cleanup utility are you checking the checkboxes that come up after the analyzing scan tells you how much space the utility can free up?  Here are the options I have to choose to delete or not on my Windows 7 computer:

Downloaded Program Files 0 bytes checked

Temporary Internet Files 0 bytes

Recycle Bin 12.0 KB

Service Pack Backup Files 0 bytes

System error memory dump files 10.3 MB

Temporary files 83.9 KB

Thumbnails 3.29 KB

Per user archived Windows Error Rep... 39.6 KB

System queued Windows Error Reporti... 12.0 MB

There is a command that you can run that will bring up several more options to choose from that I can post if you would like.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Saturday, February 06, 2021 2:26 PM

Subject: [TechTalk] Help with C-Cleaner

I am running out of space on my Dell Latitude laptop running windows 7, and disk cleanup is not sufficient at all.  Could someone please give me instructions on how to use C-Cleaner and where to find it?

I did read an article on the internet about things that can be deleted during disk cleanup such as windows update cleanup and system archived windows error reporting, but I have never seen these when doing disk cleanup on my windows 7.  Thank you very much for any assistance.

Veronica

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.