Re: Help with C-Cleaner

Mike B

Hi Veronica,

Here you go:

From: paul lemm
Hi,

Not a lot of people know that the built in windows disk cleanup as some additional features which you can’t see when running  disk clean up in the usual
way. The below options have been in windows I think since xp, maybe even longer and its completely accessible with Jaws, I’ve always been surprised that
windows don’t add these options to their standard disk cleanup tool, but I guess they are advance settings so don’t want the average user deleting stuff
they might later want. So that being said  I should probably point out to anyone using the extended disk cleaner settings I mention below to only delete
stuff you know you don’t want/need. So its really easy to access just open the dialogue with the keystroke, Windows key + R, and type the following

cleanmgr sageset:99

This brings up the standard disk cleanup   interface but with more options than just standard disk clean up. You select what you want it to clean up and
click ok, which closes the disk cleanup window, then go to run again and then this time type the following to run disk cleanup with the settings you just
selected

cleanmgr sagerun:99

hope the above helps

Paul