From: Laz
Sent: Wednesday, February 10, 2021 9:46 AM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Skipping the reading of signatures?

Gene, I've begun to suspect that many people don't know that they can
issue commands, move on, stop reading, etc, when using their computers
and a screen reader. I've been on the hone with some and they let
their screen reader read on and on before moving on to the next thing
they want to do. Some have replied with a dumbfounded "what?" when
I've asked them to stop the screen reader from blabbing on and on. I
guess it's one of those basics they either weren't taught or they
missed when they were taught to use their screen reader. It's very
inefficient and does waste their time.

Stay safe,

Laz

But if you just move on as soon as you hear it read or begin to be read,
how

are you wasting time? Since you can issue any command at any time when
you

are listening to a message that does whatever you want, how does it
matter?

In addition, so many e-mails have material below the signature that you
would start to hear that, such as earlier quoted material or the foot
notes

that groups put at the ends of messages.