De: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] En nombre de Nancy Shackelford
Enviado el: Saturday, February 13, 2021 6:26 PM
Para: nance62lady@gmail.com
Asunto: [TechTalk] Another question regarding Focus 14 Braille unit

I purchased a Focus 14 braille display. Of course it was used, and all I got was the display. No usb cable, or AC charger. The battery only runs the unit in blue tooth paring. I have a Mac Mini, and it works okay with my computer. The only exception is that I can’t get it out of eight dot setting. I looked in the manual and the toggle to turn eight dot on and off is eight cord. I think that eight cord means all the keys 1 through eight with the space bar. But all it doesn’t change the setting. The keys are numbered 1 2 3 and 7 on the left top of the unit and then 4 5 6 and eight on the right top of the unit. The space bar is below the braille display. I tried it without the space bar, and no changes. There is a power on and off button on the left hand side of the machine, but the keys don’t work in this setting. When the unit is connected to a computer, the computer powers the display. Any suggestions would be helpful. The instructions did state that it would function differently with a third party computer. I’m sure they meant a Mac. Freedom Scientific doesn’t support this unit anymore.
Thanks.