Re: Another question regarding Focus 14 Braille unit

Teresa Arroyo Llosa

Hello Nancy,

When they tell you to press chord + dot 8, it means you have to press space bar and the eight dot key on the right. Chord means the space bar.

If you need more explanations, just shout away.

I have a 44 cell focus, so I think I could give you a hand. I'd advise you to get an appropriate USB cable because even though you have your Focus paired through blue tuth, the battery will -as far as I remember- still run down.

I hope this helps.

Teresa Arroyo

-----Mensaje original-----
De: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] En nombre de Nancy Shackelford
Enviado el: Saturday, February 13, 2021 6:26 PM
Para: nance62lady@gmail.com
Asunto: [TechTalk] Another question regarding Focus 14 Braille unit

I purchased a Focus 14 braille display. Of course it was used, and all I got was the display. No usb cable, or AC charger. The battery only runs the unit in blue tooth paring. I have a Mac Mini, and it works okay with my computer. The only exception is that I can’t get it out of eight dot setting. I looked in the manual and the toggle to turn eight dot on and off is eight cord. I think that eight cord means all the keys 1 through eight with the space bar. But all it doesn’t change the setting. The keys are numbered 1 2 3 and 7 on the left top of the unit and then 4 5 6 and eight on the right top of the unit. The space bar is below the braille display. I tried it without the space bar, and no changes. There is a power on and off button on the left hand side of the machine, but the keys don’t work in this setting. When the unit is connected to a computer, the computer powers the display. Any suggestions would be helpful. The instructions did state that it would function differently with a third party computer. I’m sure they meant a Mac. Freedom Scientific doesn’t support this unit anymore.
Thanks.

--
Nancy Shackelford --Walk On Faith And Trust In Love - Michael Reid--

--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.