Re: Deleting Internet Explorer

Ron Canazzi

Hi Gene,

There is a way to do what is called a 'feature uninstall' in Windows ten using the apps folder utility.  You access this via a shell interface as follows.
1.  Press windows key + R for the run dialogue.
2.  type the following:
 shell:folderapps
and press enter.
This interface gives the user access to what amounts to an old style Windows XP type interface for add/remove programs.  If you Highlight an item/program, and right click on it, you get a context menu that among other things gives you a 'create shortcut' (for the desktop and an uninstall item. If you highlight Internet Explorer in this interface, one of the choices for the context menu is 'feature uninstall.'

Still and all, I would not do it.  I don't know what the consequences of choosing this option might be.  Leave it alone unless you are an experimenter.

On 2/13/2021 10:05 PM, Gene wrote:
You shouldn't do it.  the user isn't given the option to do so in addd/Remove programs.  It isn't just a browser, parts of it are used in Windows itself.  Programs usually don't take that mudch room and there is no reason to worry about deleting programs unless you have a lot of them you never use.

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: Veronica Kirk
Sent: Saturday, February 13, 2021 8:08 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Deleting Internet Explorer

Hello there,

How would I go about totally deleting Internet Explorer from my Windows 7 computer?  Your help would be immensely appreciated.

Veronica

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.