Re: Amazon echo smart hub or google smart hub

John Holcomb II

Well being as you already have Echo devices, going the Amazon route would make more sense.
John

On Feb 15, 2021, at 9:04 AM, Fanus <buys.fanus@gmail.com> wrote:

´╗┐Hello list
I kno this can start a never-ending discussion, so the moderators must
decide when enough is enough. I want to get a smart hub to control more
devices but I am not sure which way to go. I do have an Echo dot so the
amazon rute is perhaps better but I just want to make sure that there is no
very important factor which points to the Google rute. Some might ask why a
smart hub and one of my reasons is that I have a Sonof Switch which I bought
2 years ago and it used to work well with the Echo Dot but now Sonof updated
the Sonof app and now my Sonof Switch seems to be too old, so the app does
not recognize it. As I understand matters a smart hub with zigbee lets one
connect to zigbee capable devices without having to use the specific app. I
hope the moderator will allow a few opinions.
Regards
Fanus