Re: Deleting from Gmail "All Mail" folders

Alan Robbins <arobbins1057@...>

Thanks for all the suggestions. Folder does not currently exist, I also tried creating it but it is still empty. Maybe it will populate over time and if not, no big deal.

Thanks,
Alan

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Angelo Sonnesso
Sent: Saturday, February 20, 2021 12:02 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Deleting from Gmail "All Mail" folders

You first have to fine [Gmail.
Press the right arrow, and then type "A", until you hear "all Mail".

73 N2DYN Angelo

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Alan Robbins
Sent: Saturday, February 20, 2021 8:29 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Deleting from Gmail "All Mail" folders

Marie,

Are your directions using the Outlook program in MS 365 or on line with Gmail? I use Outlook on my PC within MS 365 and do not find the all mail folder you mention.

Alan

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Marie Nelson
Sent: Thursday, February 18, 2021 11:28 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Deleting from GMail "All Mail" folders

If using Outlook, go into the all mail folder and select as many as possible at a time and just press the delete key. Then go and empty the trach folder. This is the only way I have been able to permanently delete these email copies. HTH Marie

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rich DeSteno
Sent: Thursday, February 18, 2021 6:34 AM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Deleting from GMail "All Mail" folders

My Mail accounts in Thunderbird have folders entitled "All Mail" in which every email received or sent is copied. I have over 170 thousand emails in one of these folders. I have now permanently deleted all of these emails with shift-delete and they do disappear. However, all of them return when I go back into my email. How do I permanently get rid of this garbage?

--
Rich De Steno

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.