Re: Deleting from Gmail "All Mail" folders

Mike B

Howdy Al,

I don't know if this makes a difference with the newer email clients but, in the past you needed to have Gmail set to, Basic HTML, view and not the, Standard, view for screen reading programs to work correctly.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, February 20, 2021 10:08 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Deleting from Gmail "All Mail" folders

Thanks for all the suggestions. Folder does not currently exist, I also tried creating it but it is still empty. Maybe it will populate over time and if not, no big deal.

Thanks,
Alan

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Angelo Sonnesso
Sent: Saturday, February 20, 2021 12:02 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

You first have to fine [Gmail.
Press the right arrow, and then type "A", until you hear "all Mail".

73 N2DYN Angelo

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Alan Robbins
Sent: Saturday, February 20, 2021 8:29 AM

Marie,

Are your directions using the Outlook program in MS 365 or on line with Gmail? I use Outlook on my PC within MS 365 and do not find the all mail folder you mention.

Alan

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Marie Nelson
Sent: Thursday, February 18, 2021 11:28 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Deleting from GMail "All Mail" folders

If using Outlook, go into the all mail folder and select as many as possible at a time and just press the delete key. Then go and empty the trach folder. This is the only way I have been able to permanently delete these email copies. HTH Marie

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rich DeSteno
Sent: Thursday, February 18, 2021 6:34 AM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Deleting from GMail "All Mail" folders

My Mail accounts in Thunderbird have folders entitled "All Mail" in which every email received or sent is copied.  I have over 170 thousand emails in one of these folders.  I have now permanently deleted all of these emails with shift-delete and they do disappear.  However, all of them return when I go back into my email.  How do I permanently get rid of this garbage?

--
Rich De Steno

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.