From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Saturday, February 20, 2021 7:40 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Deleting from Gmail "All Mail" folders

I don't have any opinion. I don't empty them. If you run out of room in your GMail storage, messages will automatically be deleted to make way for new ones. At least I believe that is what I read. If you have concerns about having messages sitting there for years where someone such as a hacker might see them, you may want to remove them but I'm not concerned about that possibility. My mail is almost all e-mail list mail. I doubt hackers are interested in going through messages anyway. They try to hack accounts to send spam messages to people using your account such as to people in your addressbook, but they could do that anyway even if you remove messages, if you have an online addressbook.

I'm not sure that deleting messages from your e-mail program would delete them from the actual site. Others may know about that.