The next release will be 2021.1.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Sat, Feb 20, 2021 at 3:11 AM John Holcomb II <jhii926@...> wrote:

I am curious how come it’s a 2020 version when its already 2021?

John

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: Thursday, February 18, 2021 11:43 PM
To: techtalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] NVDA 2020.4 released

Hi everyone,

NV Access is pleased to announce that version 2020.4 of NVDA, the free screen reader for Microsoft Windows, is now available for download. We encourage all users to upgrade to this version.

NVDA 2020.4 This release includes new Chinese Input methods, an update to Liblouis and the elements list (NVDA+f7) now works in focus mode. Context sensitive help is now available when pressing F1 in NVDA dialogs. Improvements to symbol pronunciation rules, speech dictionary, Braille message and skim reading. Bug fixes and improvements to Mail, Outlook, Teams, Visual Studio, Azure Data Studio, Foobar2000. On the web, there are improvements to Google Docs, and greater support for ARIA. Plus many other important bug fixes and improvements.

Please note, after updating any software, it is a good idea to restart the computer. Restart by going to the Shutdown dialog, selecting “restart” and pressing ENTER. Updating software can change files which are in use. This can lead to instability and strange behaviour which is resolved by rebooting. This is the first thing to try if you do notice anything odd after updating.

To read more, and download NVDA 2020.4, please see: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2020-4/

Kind regards

Quentin.

--