Re: Radio Garden

Hello Walter:

Thanks for the info shared about Radio Garden. Yes, I found the app and
installed it on one of my Shiny Android Toys to play with. As I type this,
I am listening to a radio station in some distant land. I don't know how to
SPIN THE SAID GLOBE, but I did do some tinkering. For example, I found that
by double tapping with two fingers, the app would switch me from one station
to another. I began my tinkering by listening to several stations here in
my bush. I then tapped on Search, chose a country, and, surprisingly,
several stations were displayed.

One caveat: The app DOES CONTAIN ADVERTISING. However, for $2.49 (plus or
minus Sales Tax), the advertising will go away. Audible advertising,
however, WILL NOT GO away. It appears the app's developers are unable to
figure out a way of KILLING AUDIBLE ADVERTISING.

The app is developed by either an individual, or a group of people/company
doing business as Radio Garden, BV.

For now, I'm electing to play with the app for a while longer before making
a purchase decision. I suppose I might grow to like it especially since the
price point is pretty cool for Androidville; should that happen, I'll have
the app screaming on all My Shiny Android toys.

In terms of accessibility from a blindness perspective, no qualms or
problems there just yet. I have not found a way to CLOSE THE APP though:
It I hit the BACK BUTTON, I would LAND ON MY HOME SCREEN, but whichever
station I am on will continue to play in the background. Hopefully closing
the app will not be a hit-&-miss affair.

That's about it for now; if necessary I'll share more info if I happen to
uncover a new thing or two about the app. Now, go have fun with it on your
smart toy of choice, I don't think the computer will qualify in that
instance.

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado