Re: KaiOS Algotel Go Flip3

Pamela Dominguez

When I had the Nokia n95 with added speech, ( forget right now which one it was), right on the front page, so to speek, it gave the name of the phone, that it was on TMobile, and how many bars of battery life were left, and how many bars of signal strength. It was in bars, and it said it in bars. Oh; the screenreader I just remembered was mobile speak. Yes, I know that was a screenreader written especially for us, but I wish other phones did it that way. Pam.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gene
Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2021 11:18 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] KaiOS Algotel Go Flip3

As far as I know, signal strength is shown as a number of bars so it’s a
graphic. The information is likely available somewhere in the actual
information used buy the chip in digital form because my old phone was able
to tell me the number of bars if I used its speech feature. I don't mean
the screen-reader. I mean the feature that let you do certain things hands
off with the phone. One of those things was to ask about the signal
strength and it would announce it. But screen-readers evidently can't see
it directly on the home screen, that's my guess.
The speech my current phone uses for doing things is the Google Assistant
and has no access to the information. I wonder if smart phones can tell you
the signal strength and if it can read it on the home screen or if you have
to issue a special screen-reader command.