Re: updating version of malware bytes?

Gerald Levy

Troy, try pressing Insert-Page Down to find out which version of Malware Bytes you are running.  You can install the latest version, 4.3.0.98,  from Ninite:

https://ninite.com/

Gerald

On 2/25/2021 6:42 PM, Troy Burnham wrote:
All the title bar says is malware bytes antimalware.

I seem to remember that we couldn't upgrade past 1.75 in the usual way and I'm been to the malware bytes official site but couldn't tell what I needed to download.

Troy

On 2/25/2021 5:07 PM, Gene wrote:
I may still have that old version on an old machine.  See if reading the title bar tells you the version.  As I recall, it does in recent versions.

There are programs where you can't update from a version that is too old. You may have to uninstall and reinstall the program.  But I don't know if that is the case with this program.

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: Troy Burnham
Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2021 4:43 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] updating version of malware bytes?

I don't know what version I have and I don't know how to find out, I
remember at first I had version 1.75 so that may be it, but when I open
it and tab all I get is quick scan, scan, and exit.

Incidentally before I posted my question I used the jaws cursor to find
the update tab and clicked on that and tried to update that way, but I
got an error doing that.

Troy

On 2/25/2021 4:29 PM, Gene wrote:
I don't know how old your version is.  In recent versions, if you just tab around, you will get to an update now button.  When I run mine, I almost never use it, the first thing that happens is that a dialog is presented with a yes and no button.  Using NVDA, as I tab, the dialog isn't read, just the buttons.  I can make it read with NVDA key b and it is a dialog asking if I want to update and telling me that my computer may reboot during the update.

If you don't see that dialog, tab around and see what you find.

Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2021 3:39 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] updating version of malware bytes?

Hi all,

I just installed malware bytes and entered my registration number but
now how do I update the version? I'm quite sure that the version I had
to install is quite a few versions behind what is current.

Thanks.

Troy