Mike.

Mike Gurney
Tel 01908560380

On 26/02/2021 21:40, Ekstrand, Pamela A. -ND wrote:
I am using Windows 10 with JAWS and Chrome, so it seems that it is not working correctly with different speech programs, windows versions and browsers.

Pam Ekstrand

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike Gurney via groups.io
Sent: Friday, February 26, 2021 4:29 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] read more button

Thank you.  I am also using brave but as previously stated, I am using WE.

Best wishes

Mike.

Mike Gurney
Tel 01908560380

On 26/02/2021 21:24, Gene wrote:
I just looked at the site and it appears that whatever should be
present isn't seen, at least not using the Brave browser and NVDA.
The button is evidently working as expected and there is no other
command to read more.

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: Gene via groups.io
Sent: Friday, February 26, 2021 3:16 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

I haven't looked at the site and there may be accessibility problems but
regardless, that is the explanation for why the wording changes. Whatever
accessibility problems may exist arent related to this behavior, which is
common.

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: Mike Gurney
Sent: Friday, February 26, 2021 3:07 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Hello

Like Pam I wasn't able to find any additional text after clicking on the
button.  I then used my numeric pad and routed and clicked.  I then got
a combo box with several options.

I am using Window-eyes 9.5.4.0.

Mike.

Mike Gurney
 Tel 01908560380

On 26/02/2021 20:58, Ekstrand, Pamela A. -ND wrote:
That is normally how it works, but when I go to the link given by
Monte, pressing spacebar or enter doesn't seem to open up any more
text.  It just changes the "read more" to "read less".

Monte, what version of JAWS and Windows are you using?