So, the ducks are just about in a row.  Now to come up with a couple hundred extra bucks. hihi

Thanks again.
Howard

On 2/27/2021 9:13 PM, John Holcomb II wrote:
I have no idea how accessible the printer software is on the PC either.
John

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Monte Single
Sent: Saturday, February 27, 2021 10:08 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Selecting Printer

Hi Howard,

Do you wantan all-in -one, or just a printer with buttons?

It seems to me that most of the printer features are available through the software that comes with the printer.
What do the buttons really control besides off and on, on line, off line, maybe print a test page and such.
Things like print quality,number of copies, single or double sided, landscape or portrait, are all selected in the printer software interface.
Just because a printer has a few buttons, that does not make it more accessib\le.

How much does this printer cost?
Is space a priority?

I always choose to have a printer and scanner separate. If I have the room.
It is well known that ink jet printers are famous for clogged print nozzles if not used frequently.
Just a few thoughts from my experience.