Re: KaiOS Algotel Go Flip3

Sharon S

Hi, my smart Vision II has this information on it's notification shade.

From Shaz.
Canberra, Australia.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of John Holcomb II
Sent: Friday, 26 February 2021 4:11 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] KaiOS Algotel Go Flip3

Yes smartphones can tell you this, both iPhone and android do. I have an iPhone and an android too.
Some feature phones can too, but not KaiOS phones apparently.
John

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2021 11:18 AM

As far as I know, signal strength is shown as a number of bars so it’s a graphic. The information is likely available somewhere in the actual information used buy the chip in digital form because my old phone was able to tell me the number of bars if I used its speech feature. I don't mean the screen-reader. I mean the feature that let you do certain things hands off with the phone. One of those things was to ask about the signal strength and it would announce it. But screen-readers evidently can't see it directly on the home screen, that's my guess.
The speech my current phone uses for doing things is the Google Assistant and has no access to the information. I wonder if smart phones can tell you the signal strength and if it can read it on the home screen or if you have to issue a special screen-reader command.

Gene
Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2021 5:37 AM

On my earlier one, it is in the settings menu. You have to go to device information, and arrow down twice and it tells you your battery level.
There is no way to get signal strength, though. I think both of those should be on the home screen. Pam.

Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2021 7:49 PM

I haven't found a way to get that information anywhere in the interface.
While I suspect it could be gotten somehow, I suspect it would take some sort of special command. I doubt it is sent to the screen in accessible form.
Gene
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2021 6:40 PM
To: blindandroidusers@groups.io
Cc: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] KaiOS Algotel Go Flip3

I went to the T-mobile store and the guy there was great! All of my contacts are now in my phone and I have a a KaiOS account.

Readout has been turned on again.

There is no easy way to check your network strength or battery without going into settings is there?

I can’t ask the assistant this info I tried.

John

This email has been checked for viruses by AVG antivirus software.
www.avg.com

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.