Re: Issue With Notepad Plus Plus and file Extensions

Jaffar Sidek

Hi.  I hope I am right, but if you press alt+l for languages, press t which will appear as a subMenu, then choose text, i think then that the txt extension will show up.  Did this a long time ago, so i hope I am pointing you to the right direction.  Cheers!

On 2/3/2021 2:12 pm, Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hi Group,

I know some of you on some of my technical lists use Notepad Plus Plus with Windows Ten. I recently installed it on a newer Windows Ten system and for some reason, when I write and save a simple text file, the extension TXT does not appear as the extension in Windows Explorer. I do have file extension for known file types turned on, so it's not a Windows issue. There must be a setting I am missing that I must enable within Notepad Plus Plus to get the TXT file extension to appear in Windows Explorer file listings.  I can  in fact, open TXT files with Notepad Plus Plus by double clicking/pressing enter on the file that already exists with a TXT extension.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.