Re: Issue With Notepad Plus Plus and file Extensions

Gene

I don't know what the reason for the behavior is, but when you save a file, type .txt at the end of the filename. In case people have their punctuation set to none, that's dot txt.

When I export bookmarks from Firefox, I have to type the extension at the end as well. If the file is in the txt format, that will work properly.

From: Ron Canazzi
Sent: Tuesday, March 02, 2021 9:13 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Issue With Notepad Plus Plus and file Extensions

This did not work.

On 3/2/2021 1:50 AM, Jaffar Sidek wrote:
Hi. I hope I am right, but if you press alt+l for languages, press t which will appear as a subMenu, then choose text, i think then that the txt extension will show up. Did this a long time ago, so i hope I am pointing you to the right direction. Cheers!

On 2/3/2021 2:12 pm, Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hi Group,

I know some of you on some of my technical lists use Notepad Plus Plus with Windows Ten. I recently installed it on a newer Windows Ten system and for some reason, when I write and save a simple text file, the extension TXT does not appear as the extension in Windows Explorer. I do have file extension for known file types turned on, so it's not a Windows issue. There must be a setting I am missing that I must enable within Notepad Plus Plus to get the TXT file extension to appear in Windows Explorer file listings. I can in fact, open TXT files with Notepad Plus Plus by double clicking/pressing enter on the file that already exists with a TXT extension.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"